Undoubtedly, the new year is a great time to put up your home on the market and sell it fast.
Before your real estate agent lists your property, you must make sure that it looks its best.
Assess your living space and look at it as though you are a buyer. You can then double check this list of staging tips to ensure that no crucial details were overlooked.
- Remove the clutter. Clear up your countertops, bookcases, garages and closets.
- Pack every beautiful item you own. Right from personal photos to knick-knacks, everything that you want to keep must be boxed up.
- Procure a storage unit. Clear up some space with the moving of furniture as well as boxes into storage, which will augment your room’s size.
- Take away the appliances and fixtures that you will be keeping. In case you plan on taking the chandelier or the microwave, ensure that you remove them before the house goes on the market.
- Finish minor repairs. Ensure that there are no leaks in the faucets, and each of the doors close properly and any holes in the walls get patched.
- Beautify it! Note that the windows, floors as well as the bathrooms must sparkle. Remember to dust each surface, hang up fresh towels in the bathroom and ensure that the place smells great.
- Don’t forget the garden if you have one. How your garden looks will create the first impression. Hence, mow it, wash the walkways and decorate the place with flowers.
There are many ways in which you can ensure that your home holds an advantage over the competition. Your property’s overall look will accelerate the process of selling. Please contact us for more information about how to get your property ready to sell!